Training the Future of Fitness
What is Amped Kids?
Amped Kids serves as the foundation for our Youth Development Initiative. Children ages 5 – 12 will learn about the fundamentals of movement and exercise in a way that is fun, safe, and that encourages a lifelong pursuit of fitness.
Amped Kids meets twice per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:45 PM – 4:30 PM. Each class is 45-minutes long and will focus on each of the five areas of child development: emotional, intellectual, moral, physical and social development. Each class will be broken down into the following components:
- Introduction (5 minutes): a brief welcome and overview of the class structure
- Warmup (10 minutes): group activities consisting of games, skill work or a combination of the two designed to prep children for the rest of the class
- Skill Work (10 minutes): technique work on functional movements, such as rowing, handstands, or strength training
- Workout (10 minutes): workouts designed to challenge children in each of the five pillars of child development
- Cool Down Games (10 minutes): standard kids games with a twist (dodgeball with penalty burpees when out, relay races, hungry hippo, etc)