Training the Future of Fitness
What is Amped Teens?
Amped Teens is the second phase of our Youth Development Initiative. Teens ages 13 – 17 will build upon the fundamentals of exercise learned in Amped Kids, with particular emphasis placed on the development of more advanced movements in weightlifting and gymnastics.
Amped Teens meets four times per week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM, and Saturdays from 9:00AM – 10AM. Each class is 60-minutes long and will focus on each of the five areas of child development: emotional, intellectual, moral, physical and social development. Each class will be broken down into the following components:
- Introduction (5 minutes): a brief welcome and overview of the class structure
- Warmup (10 minutes): group activities consisting of games, skill work or a combination of the two designed to prep teens for the rest of the class
- Skill Work (20 minutes): technique work on functional movements, such as rowing, handstands, or strength training
- Workout (20 minutes): workouts designed to challenge teen to continue developing in each of the five areas of child development
- Cool Down (5 minutes): post-workout stretching and cool down routines to reduce risk of injury and promote faster recovery
Successful completion of our three-week introductory program, Primed, three months of verified CrossFit experience at a licensed affiliate, or completion of alternative test-out protocol.