5603 High St W, Ste F | Portsmouth, VA
What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is defined as constantly varied, functional movements performed at relatively high intensity. Athletes will learn the fundamentals of functional movement in a safe, productive environment by prioritizing proper mechanics and consistency in technique over intensity.
CrossFit is offered several times throughout the day, Monday through Friday. Each class is 60-minutes long and will focus on the instruction and assessment of movements and techniques associated with CrossFit. Each class will be broken down into the following components:
- Introduction (5 minutes): a brief welcome and overview of the class structure
- Warmup (10 minutes): a brief warmup and mobility session designed to better prepare athletes for the demands of each class
- Skill Work & Workout (15-25 minutes): instruction on the movement(s) associated with the workout of the day
- Workout (5-25 minutes): a workout designed to assess the athletes’ mechanics, consistency and intensity
- Cool Down (5 minutes): a debrief of the workout of the day and post-workout mobility designed to reduce risk of injury and speed up recovery
Successful completion of our three-week introductory program, Primed, three months of verified CrossFit experience at a licensed affiliate, or completion of alternative test-out protocol.