Friends in Fitness
What is a Team WOD?
Team WODs are the perfect opportunity to experience CrossFit in a whole new way. Grab a partner or partners, or make new friends and put your fitness to the test.
Team WODs are offered every Saturday from 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM. Each class is 60-minutes long and typically faster paced than our general class programming, with particular emphasis placed on the development of the team mindset over individual fitness. Classes are generally broken down into the following components:
- Introduction (5 minutes): a brief overview of the workout of the day
- Team Warm Up (15 minutes): group warm-up designed to increase core body temperature, improve mobility and prepare the athletes for the workout
- Technique Work (5-15 minutes): focused technique work related to the movement(s) involved in each workout
- Team Workout (15-25 minutes): workouts designed to challenge athletes to reach beyond their comfort zone
- Cool Down (5 minutes): cool down exercises and mobility to prevent injury and promote recovery
Team WODs are also programmed occasionally throughout the week and are offered to guests from time-to-time on designated Bring a Friend Days.